Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Worry Less Now!

I don't know about you other moms out there, but I'm a worrier.  Always have been.  Always will be (to some degree, until I have enough time to take up yoga classes again).

I was reading an article the other day on Real Simple about worrying less and I thought some of the learnings may help you all too...

Photobucket
image via real simple
Worry About Money?
I think no matter how much money you make, it's important to keep this top of mind.  Keep a budget and write everything down.  Knowing where you money goes, helps you find places to cut back and save.  It can also give you peace of mind. 

Worry About The Safety of Your Kids?
I constantly worry about my little baby and his safety.  The article suggests finding a pediatrician you can trust to help ease the concerns by offering solutions.  I find this extremely true.  My pedi gives me great advice on baby safety, which helps ease my stress.  For instance, she told us after we had our baby to close the bathroom door at all times and get used to doing so.  When the baby starts crawling you don't want them going into the bathroom.  So true.  I'm really happy we got used to shutting the door several months ago now because Jack crawls everywhere.

Worry About Your Health?
Sometimes I stay awake at night thinking about my health.  I want to be around for my children forever.  Although forever may not be possible, I can at least do some things to make sure I'll be around for a long time.  One thing I thought was great advice was to get checked out.  For instance, I have fair skin so I made an appointment to get a cancer screening.  Yes, I was scared, but everything turned out fine and that is one less thing to worry about for now.

All in all, the main message is act, not react.  By acting, you are gaining knowledge.  Knowledge is power.  I for one would like all the power. 

To read more tips on worrying less (which all moms should try to do), here is the full article on Real Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment