Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Avocado Goo Goo

It's Tuesday, so let's talk baby food...Holy Guacamole!

Making baby food is one of my new favorite hobbies. After last week's tragic sweet potato event though, I decided to go a totally new route. Food processor.

I read up on Wholesome Baby Food that avocado is some kick-ass first baby food. It helps your little one develop some serious brain power. I'm all for getting my kid to the head of the class.

The best thing about making avocado is you don't have to cook it. Just cut in half, take out the seed, and scoop out the goo inside.

Toss it in a food processor and puree for 5 minutes.

Out comes a creamy concoction. Love it. Perfect recipe for a busy mama.

guac

I made a couple of meals for the day and then froze the rest in 1 oz cubes. You can use them for up to a month.

I was able to make 12 oz (12 meals for my little guy) for $3. That's $0.25/meal.

Wholesome, natural, and cheap. You can't buy that anywhere else.

Oh yes, and baby liked to eat it too...pics to come.

3 comments:

  1. We just tried Avocado too! I have been told by many that it is the perfect baby food too! Except I did not break out the food processor- I mashed it up with a fork. In hindsite, that was probably NOT the way to go - my hand was hurting at the end of mashing LOL. We are having an issue with my daughter eating solids in general - she is just not into it at 5 & 1/2 months - we decided to take a break for a week and try again later. However, I have the frozen avocado cubes in my freezer ready to go when she is ready again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little guy is 5 & 1/2 months old too and he also does not love food all that much. Is your baby formula feed or breast milk? Our pedi said Jackson may prefer the bottle b/c it is bm. Once babies go to formula, they like food more.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is fun! Avocado is the next thing I want to try.

    ReplyDelete