Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby's Big Dinner

Last night we had an amazing dinner.  We ate organic salmon with this yummy Cajun seasoning from Williams Sonoma.  We also had twice backed potatoes with cheese, and organic vegetables.  And yes, so did Jackson.  All of it.

Photobucket

It was the first time he ate a meal that was not pureed in some way, shape, or form.  Well, maybe the potatoes were a little puree-like, but not the veggies and salmon.  He tore it up!

I'm really trying to get him off of purees because he doesn't seem to like them anymore and it's becoming a waste of money.  The pedi told us to start giving him what we eat, but I'm scared of him choking.  I'll tell you though, he had no problems with this dinner, in fact, he loved it.  Chunks and all.

It's really fun sitting down and having dinner with the baby every night, especially now I don't have to prepare a special baby meal.  I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Jackson! Wow that is so awesome! I am so jealous. I don't think we can do that with Jules until she starts getting some teeth in! I have given her chopped up egg yolk ... but thats about it for the adult food. I would like to give her some mashed potatoes one night- that she doesn't need teeth for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Dinner sounded delicious too. I had the same fear about choking but I just went slowly and watched closely. Good luck and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It's so fun feeding him real food, but it's also exhausting. I hate the fact he could choke, so I always have some type of creamy food to ease the stress of it all!

    ReplyDelete