Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Working Mom's Take on Car Accidents

When you are a working mom, there is no time for unplanned events. Unplanned events totally throw off everything in your world. Yesterday a truck smashed into the back of my car as I was merging onto the highway. Totally not my fault.

I was mad. I said some bad words.

sad car

A little advice to the people that hit moms on their way home from work...

-Do not try to make us feel bad with your life problems. Us moms have problems of our own, like picking up our babies on time from daycare.

-Do not think you can talk us out of calling the accident into our insurance. We are not dumb. We do not have time to deal with your check bouncing.

-Do not call me after I called the claim into my insurance. I don't care to talk about how it makes you feel. Yes sir, I will hang up on you.

Finally, a little advice to my insurance provider...

-I will continue to ask kindly of you to replace my damaged car seat and base (for those of you that do not know, any type of accident is cause to get your car seat replaced). If you deny this claim, we will have to break up. There are other fish in the sea.

Working moms have to do what we have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Working mothers will always do what we have to do! So will stay at home moms too, though! Sorry to hear about your accident, give that insurance company hell girl!

    Billie Jean
    www.theunexpectedmother.net

    ReplyDelete