Friday, January 28, 2011

Sneak Peak! Katherine Heigl Interview

I have some very exciting news...in effort to promote the upcoming DVD release of Life As We Know It, Katherine Heigl sat down with about 15 mommy bloggers (via conference call) to talk about motherhood, work/life balance, and her movie.  I got to be one of the lucky 15!  Holy cow!  How unbelievable is that?

Life as We Know It


Each blogger was able to submit questions for the interviewer to ask Katherine.  It was so wild when they asked her my question.

Katherine had a lot of interesting things to say about motherhood.  I found her comments about work/life balance particularly interesting because she had the same thoughts and feelings as so many of us working moms.  Basically she said it's hard when your child just wants you, or needs you because she is sick, and you can't be with them.  You have to let someone else take care of your baby because you have to work.

I know a lot of us struggle with this situation everyday.  I'm struggling with it right now as Jackson has had a fever all week that just won't go away.  It's so hard.  I just want to be there for him and snuggle him tight. 

Katherine said unfortunately, she can't take off when her baby is sick.  She has to go in and people are counting on her.  However sometimes she will steal an extra 10 minutes to hold her baby tight...which I'm sure several of us have done even when we know we will be late. 

Okay so all of that had nothing to do with the question I asked Katherine.  I had a much more light hearted one.  And what was it you ask?  Well, I have to leave a little something to be desired for when I host a giveaway promoting Katherine's movie next week! 

 I'll also be posting the entire interview for everyone to hear.  I can't wait to share all the fun with my fabulous readers...

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to check out the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Going to have fun reading your posts!
    Thanks for following and I'm following you now!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete